English?

Follow by Email

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012

BUTTER LONDON VS. ?

Hello and sorry!
I've wanted to write this post for more than a week BUT I've been busy, I've been really lazy and I've been sleeping and recovering a lot!
So please forgive me for my absence of motivation and health.
I've been asked to write a post about Butter London polishes and so here it is!
First of all: you might already have noticed that I have quite a lot of those little guys.
Reason for that being is that a) they are one of the only vegan/cruelty free brands I can get here in Germany without having to buy them online and b) THEY ARE EFFING FANTASTIC!
I just can compare them to a few brands I own apart from BL because I just tend to buy all my polishes in normal stores where I can also apply them and see how they actually suit me and how pigmented they are.
I also have a few Nubar and OCC polishes and one Sante polish so I think it's best if I just write a short review and profile of them:


Sante:

Colors I own: #10 (metallic red with gold sparkle to it)
Opacity: good: 2 good layers and you're done
Smell: not too bad actually
Chipping: definitely! Sadly it didn't last 24 hours without chipping
Other: even with 2 thick layers it dries almost completely to a "hard finish" don't know how to describe but sometimes varnish is still soft even after it's completely dry and you will end up having imprints of your nails on your polish (I HATE THAT!!)


OCC:

Colors I own:PALARE, ANIME, STRUMPET
Opacity: STRUMPET AND ANIME are very opaque, I normally just use one layer of ANIME, PALARE is more of a sheer top coat I use over the other ones
Smell: ANIME smells more like industrial paints
Chipping:almost none (that's awesome!)
Other:the neon pink ANIME hurts in my eyes when the sun hits my nails (not kidding!)




NUBAR:


Colors I own:VIOLET SPARKLE, STAR SPARKLE, TIARA, PIXIE DUST
Opacity: they are all glitter ones! VIOLET SPARKLE is quite opaque tho!
Smell: normal
Chipping: yes!
Other: if you apply them over another color sadly somehow the polishes soften the varnish underneath. Especially PIXIE DUST and TIARA which are freaking TOP COATS (to me). Well, I've stoped using them since they just ruined my manicure all the time. To be fair: I don't know how the colored polishes are! They might be great



BUTTER LONDON:


Colors I own:BOSSY BOOTS, SLAPPER, KNACKERED, PILLAR BOX RED, BLAGGER, LADY MUCK, ROYAL NAVY, TROUT POUT, MACBETH, KNEES UP, ROSIE LEE, DICSO BISQUIT, DIAMOND GEEZER, CREAM TEA, JAFFA and HORSE POWER (nail fertilizer)
Opacity: good: 2 layers
Smell: normal
Chipping: hardly any
Other: they stay on really well! Love the colour range, they produce very unique shades and I fell in love with almost every single one of them.


I've just recently come across a list with a few more vegan friendly brands I did not know yet (you can find it HERE )  and I will try some of them out in the future! Before I knew they were vegan I discovered A England  and fell in love with their shades right away so I was thrilled to see them on that list! I'll let you know when I try them out!
Hope this post has been useful to you<3

xoxo
Mrs. Lazy



Kommentare:

  1. Thanks so much for this detailed review!! Soooooo useful for me!! Even because you talked about brands I can't find here where I live and, in this way, I can have an opinion about them before purchase something online xD
    You're always very precise!! :) I appreciate it a lot! :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You're very welcome! Always happy to help ya. If you have any additional questions about brands don't hesitate to ask =) I might do a full post on it. xoxo

      Löschen